DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH
January, 1972, West Bengal.
* M.F.A (Sculpture) Kala -Bhavana, Visva-Bharati, 2001
* B.F.A (Hons.) Sculpture KALA BHAVANA, Visva-Bharati 1999
* Diploma in wood Work 1994 Silpa Shadan, Sriniketan, Visva-Bharati.
1. Worked as Lecturer in College
of Art & Design, Burdwan University,
2. Assistant professor- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan.
1. Merit Scholarship from Visva-Bharati, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998,
2. National Scholarship from Government of India Ministry of Human
Resource Development, 1998-99
1. Diploma of Outstanding award in Beijing Olympic park city sculpture
design competition - 2006 organized by Beijing municipal commission of
urban planning , Beijing municipal cultural bureau and Cultural and
ceremonies department of Beijing organizing committee for the games of the
XXIX Olympiad –2008.
2. Awarded Artist of the year 2004, B.D.Bangur Endowment “Nirman
Award, Art in Excellency”, India.
3. ART-INDIA , INDIAN HABITAT CENTRE PROMISING ARTIST AWARD FOR THE
YEAR 2008- Catalogue
1. A performance “VODOO-GANY” 6th May, 2000 at P-2 Shop Mattershburg
2. Art Forest-2 (The Floating world) An International Permanent
Exhibition in Forest – 27th May, 2000 Forchenstein, ‘Wien, Austria.
3. Exhibition at Diekleine Gallery 1030, Wien, Austria,
June – 2000.
4. International Exhibition – Organised by YUGOSLAVIA, AUSTRIA SOCIETY and
GERMAN EMBASSY – 26th June’ 2000 in foyer Des Radio Culture House - ORF,
5. Participated in International Sculpture Symposium – Europos Parkas,
4013 vilnius, Lithuania, - 1st to 28th August
2001, Catalogue. Web : www.europosparkas.lt (history)
6. Work “Splendour” admitted in 53rd Concorso internazionale Delle
Ceramic d’ Arte Contemporanea, (International Competition for Contemporary
Ceramic Art, 2002-2003. Museo internazionale delle Ceramiche 2002-2003
Faenza (RA) Italy.
Web : http://www.micfaenza.org
7. Lonely Planet – An permanent installation for exhibition at “Art in
Landscape”- at “Gut-Gasteil” - Prigglitz,
Web : http://www.gutgasteil.at
8. Participated in Nomadifesta – 2004 organised by Artrageous group at
Solomou Square, Kastelliotisa Space in Nicosia, Cypruss 22nd May –2004,
Web : www.ArtrageousGroup.com
9. Selected and participated in ARTIADE – 2004, Olympic of Visual Arts
in Athens ( Olympic game 2004 at Athens )
Web : http://www.artiade.com
10. Participated in the Exhibition at Circulo De Bellas Arts ,Madrid, Spain
on Occasion of 125th Anniversary of the Museum. Project Unclaimed Luggage
crated by Artrageous Group. Feb-2005. Web : www.ArtrageousGroup.com
11. “For Sale” exhibited at “Hundred
Artist for the Museum”, Naples,
Triennial Project of, Museo Casoria International Contemporary
12. “The Nest” – Exhibited at Beijing Municipal Exhibition hall for
Olympic park Beijing City Sculpture design Exhibition, 2006.
13. “The Wounds” selected and exhibited in China
– Asean Youth Art Work Creativity Contest – 2006, Beijing.
14. “FLYING BULLET” Permanently installed for Exhibition “INDIA –WHERE ARE YOU GOING “ Naples, Italy,
Museo Casoria International Contemporary Art Museum/May2007. www.casoriacontemporaryartmuseum.com
15. Selected and invited for I- park , East Haddam, C,T, USA
for residency session (September) in 2007 for environmental art
16. “The Nest” Collected for permanent installation at Beijing Olympic
Park, Beijing City Sculpture Design Exhibition - 2008
17. "Olympic Cercal" Collected for third Beijing international art Biennale China
18. "Olympic Column" parmanently collected for Olympic Fine
Arts 2008 and Olympic Fine Arts 2008 World wide exhibition 2010
19. EXHIBITION OF INDIAN CONTEMPORARY ART in October at KUWAIT and
in November at CAIRO(EGYPT) on 2008 organised by Lalit Kala
20. Invited to attend Fresh Air 2009 – an open-air sculpture exhibition
to be held at Quenington Old Rectory, Quenington, Glos GL7 5AB.U.K May 2009
21. Participating in the 2009 Guandu International Outdoor Sculpture
Festival at Guandu Nature Park in Taipei, Taiwan on June 1st 2009 www.gd-park.org.tw
22 .participated I.A.B residency at Switzerland 2010 for
art India award
23. participated in
documenta 13 ….July 212
24.partcipated art exhibition friends of santiniketan at sri lanka
25, participated “One World – Many Papers” artwork and project at Paper and
Bookarts Museum of Ege University, Izmir,
at Nandan Art Gallery,
Santiniketan, February 2002.
1. Group Exhibition held in Calcutta at Gorky Sadan. February 1998 –
2. Group Exhibition held in Bhopal
at Sun Art Gallery
October 1998 – Catalogue.
3. Kala-Bhavana Annual Exhibition 1994, 1995,
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.
4. Group Exhibition held in ABC
February 2000 – Catalogue.
5. Work Selected in Birla
Academy Annual Exhibition, Calcutta, 2000. –
catalogue and Annual Exhibition – Calcutta
– 2001 Catalogue.
6. Work Selected in Lalit Kala
National Exhibition, Jaipur & New Delhi, 2000 – Catalogue.
7. Work selected in 44th National Exhibition of
Lalit Kala Academy, Delhi and Ahmadabad, 2001-02,
8. Group Exhibition – Tradition & Modernity
in Bengal, Chitrakala Parisath, Bangalore,
December 2000 – Catalogue
9. Group Exhibition – ENSEMBLE Govt. college of Arts,
10. 68th All India exhibition of Art
11. A Group Exhibition “Migration-City-home”
Organised by Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Kolkata and Birla
Academy at Birla Academy,
12. A Group exhibition at Bhubanswar Organized by
Rastriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Bhubaneswar,
Orrissa and New Delhi
13. A Group exhibition at Red Earth Art Gallery
14. A Group exhibition at Aakriti Gallery,
15. A Group exhibition at Green Grass-Hopper art
gallery, Ahmedabad, Gujrat
summer show at
cima art gallery kolkata 2010/11
17 .participated art
fair Indian art sumit delhi 2011 delhi.
group show at nandan
art gallery santiniketan Violence-Double Spread Curator- Amit
19. participated group show at J.N.U DELHI art and esthetic departments art gallery Violence-Double Spread Curator- Amit
CAMP & WORKSHOPS
1. Seminar on Public Sphere at Santiniketan,
2. Seminar on Public Sphere at Delhi Sanskritik Pratisthan, March 2002.
3. Dogra Camp at Kala Bhavana, 1997, 1998.
4. Ceramic Camp at Bharat Bhavana Bhopal, 1997
5. Sculpture Camp : Lalbahadur
Academy of Administration Govt. of
Mussoorie, July 1999.
6. Sculpture Camp of Ambuja Housing Development
Ltd. at Calcutta
– April - 2000.
7. Participated in All India
Artist Camp, Seminar of Lalit Kala Sansthan, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University Agra, February, 2002.
8. Participated in Sculpture Camp Organized by
Rashtrya Lalit Kala Kendra, Kolkata and Manipur Sate
Museum at Imphal in
9. Participated in the work-shop “PALASH – 04” AT
RANCHI, Organized by Chhotonagpur Art Research & Development Society,
Ranchi, Jharkhand, 7th May 2004 to 9th May 2004.
10. Invited to Demonstrate and Deliver Lecture on
Ceramics at Bhubaneswar,
Orrissa, March 2005. Organized by Rastriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Bhubaneswar.
11. Participated in Art camp of E.M.E. – A.W.W.A
organized by Panchali at Fort
12. Participated in the Seminar on public Art at
Beijing Municipal Exhibition Hall, May, 2006.
13. Participated in Sculptural Camp organized by
M.S.P.L. and Gallery Sumukha at Hospet (Humpi), Karnataka.
14. Participated in the warkshop at Bhubanswar
Organized by Rastriya Lalit Kala -kendra , Bhubaneswar, Orrissa Feb2007
15. Artist Camp in CHISEL ARTGALLERY at Kolkata ,organized
by EMAMI 2009
sculpture camp at north east
organize by lalit kala academy
1. Site specific permanents Sculpture installed
in Fort Raddison,
Raichak, West Bengal.
2. Out door sculpture installed in Art Forest at Wien of Vienna in Austira.
3. Out door sculpture installed in Europos Parkas
at Vilnus of Lithunania.
4. Out door sculpture installed at Institute for
International Management & Technology, Bengal Campus, Oxford Brooker’s
5. Site specific sculpture at Udayan, Bengal
Ambuja Housing Development Ltd. Calcutta.
6. Ceramic Sculpture “Splendour” preserved at Modern Art
7. Out door - Sculpture (Lonely Planate)
installed at Art in landscape Gut Gasteil, Prigglitz, Austria.
8. Permanent installation at “Swabhoomi” Heritage Plaza - Kolkata, December 2002.
Academy, New Delhi, 2002.
10. A Large Permanent Installation at Eastern
Metropolitan bypass Boulevard – Kolkata, 2003
11. Site specific installation at E.M. Bye pass
12. A large installation at ‘URVASHI’ City Centre,
Durgapur of Ambuja Housing Development Ltd.
13. Site-specific Sculpture at “ Simana” – A river
side resort at Raichak.
14. Site specific sculpture at “Suravi” – A Resort
on the Bank of the Ganges, 24-Parganas
15. “LUGGAGE FOR MIGRATION” kept at the Museum of
ARTRAGEOUS GROUP, NICOSIA,
16. Sculpture “Crisis” permanently installed at
Plaka in front of acropolis temple (perthanium) in Athens, Greece.
17. Permanent Collection at Krishnasayer
18. “Unclaimed Luggage” Permanently install at
circulo De Bellas Artes Museum, Madrid Spain.
19. “The Nest” installed at Beijing Municipal
20. “Gateway to Kanchanjungha” – A large site
specific outdoor Sculpture installed at Uttarayan, Siliguri.
21. A number of outdoor City Sculpture permanently
installed at Total township of new township and central Park – Uttarayan,
21. Several out door site specific Sculpture
installed at city Centre, Kolkata.
ART advisor of MRITTIKA Ceramic & Sculpture Studio at Santiniketan
The Nest, Sonajhury Pally
Dist- Birbhum, West Bengal, India
Telephon - 0091-3463-261267
Mob - 00919434493386
The Nest , Sonajhury pally.
Birbhum,West Bengal ,India,
Vill – Bidyadharpur
P.O. – Khanjanpur
Dist – Birbhum
West Bengal, INDIA
Pin – 731236
Telephone - 00919232515084